The Watch Technician program is our short course.
The duration of the course is six (6) weeks (240 hrs.) of intensive training.
The Watch Technician Course is the final test required by all students of VWI to complete successfully in order to be considered for the Mechanical Watchmaker Program.
Upon successful completion of the program the student will be able to complete standard repairs on all types of quartz watches and allows the graduate to enter the job market as a quartz watch technician.
In this program each student must satisfactorily complete repairs on five test watches.
This skill set is perfect for a retail environment, working at a jewelry department’s service counter, or an independent contractor completing repairs offsite.
The following areas will be covered in the Watch Technician program.
- Introduction to tools, proper usage and their maintenance
- Introduction to quartz theory
- Introduction to testing equipment
- Electrical diagnosis and fault detection
- Circuit board repair and replacement
- Case opening / closing techniques
- Cell replacement
- Basic movement cleaning
- Movement replacement
- Gasket replacement
- Stem, crown and case tube replacement
- Crystal replacement
- Waterproofing and use of associated testing equipment
- Bracelet adjustments and strap replacement
- Case and bracelet refinishing